Question Requirements for a Web Application Development Project

Knarf Erej

Programming Experience
Beginner
Please accept my humble apologies if this isn't the right place for this question. Would you be so kind as to advise me as to what components I would need in order to develop a web based MySql database driven application using Visual Studio 2015. I'm used to developing non-web based applications but now have a need to migrate to web. I will really appreciate your advice and will be happy to clarify my query if necessary.

You simply create a Web Application project in VS and it will provide all the required components. You'll obviously need Connector/Net to connect to MySQL but that's the same whether it's a Windows or web application.

You simply create a Web Application project in VS and it will provide all the required components. You'll obviously need Connector/Net to connect to MySQL but that's the same whether it's a Windows or web application.

Thank you very much jmcilhinney. I have taken time to explore the features of Visual Studio IDE and its various components and have also found some really useful information on the Microsoft Virtual Academy website.

Back