Question VS2013 Express Win Forms Deployment

DacTech5

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi
It seems that the VS 'Set Up and Deployment' Project type is not available in VS2013 Express!

And the Flexura 'InstallShield' will not operate with VS2013 Express.

Is there any way to build a Win Forms project in VS 2013 Express and create a Deployment package?

Thanks

Setup project has never been included in Express editions. ClickOnce deployment is available from project page Publish, or use a third party deployment tool.

Thanks John,
That confirms my suspicions. I used to use full packages but now I am just building an App for a friend to use.

ClickOnce is not really applicable in this instance.
Is there any free 3rd party deployment tools that you can recommend (this is a once off development).
I don't believe the express version supports 3rd party add-ins, so it will need to work outside the IDE.

I don't use any except ClickOnce myself, but you could check out this list: List of installation software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note also that Visual Studio Community 2013 is available for free (large download and install of course), that is VS Pro for individual developers. Setup projects were initially not included in VS 2013 (and VS 2012), but an MS extension was released in 2014 to add this again.

Thanks John,
That confirms my suspicions. I used to use full packages but now I am just building an App for a friend to use.

ClickOnce is not really applicable in this instance.
Is there any free 3rd party deployment tools that you can recommend (this is a once off development).
I don't believe the express version supports 3rd party add-ins, so it will need to work outside the IDE.
Personally I use Inno, it's free and easy to learn: Inno Setup Downloads

Back