Visual Studio developers must share their work for everyone's benefit !

theprogrammer

Programming Experience
1-3
Every one of us who develop games, applications , etc.. using Visual Studio, should share his work with others. Just like this guy is doing on his Visual Studio Applications blog here: http://VisualStudioApplications.blogspot.com
He's not only showing his work, but also offering the code! his blog seems new..
Why don't everyone do just like him? sharing is good for beginners (I'm a beginner and found this really helpful), and surely everyone will like this idea.

Why don't everyone do just like him?

For the same reason that greengrocers don't give away apples, butchers don't give away T-bones, and authors have this weird idea that we should pay for books, I imagine!

Some developers write proprietary code for their companies, and are under contract NOT to reveal the code.

Other private developers may be working on a program to sell, so why should they give it away?

OK I understand your point. But sharing what's "Simple", in the point of view of a professional developer, will be great for others.

OK I understand your point. But sharing what's "Simple", in the point of view of a professional developer, will be great for others.

Which they do to a quite extraordinary degree already! There are several forums like this one plus the constant flow of new ideas and ways of doing things which come out of the Code Project (get yourself on their RSS feed!) I'd be very surprised if there was any other profession in which people are half so generous with their time for nil reward, especially rmembering that they've already done a full day's work on this stuff before they get round to your enquiry.

Generally speaking most developers will have no problem sharing samples to explain a particular problem, but you can't go around demanding source code. That's like expecting someone who has you for dinner to let you sleep over and have fun with his wife.

Back