Question Missing namespace

seabass341

Programming Experience
3-5
I'm trying to make an vb.net project which generates data and then exports it to an excel spreadsheet complete with a chart representing the data.

I have Office 12 (Including Excel 2007) as well as windows SDK.

All the tutorials I've seen which explain how to create/modify an excel spreadsheet say I need to import Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel. However, for some reason this namespace doesn't exist. Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access and Microsoft.Office.Interop.OutlookViewCtl are both importable, however. I can't find any reference under the "add Reference..." dialog which includes excel. Does anyone know where the reference I need might be or any other way to allow me to import the namespace?

An example of a tutorial I would use is here

You do have to reference the libary before you can use it (importing namespace is a way of using it). As article explains it is in COM tab of references named "Microsoft Excel x Object Library". If it isn't you haven't installed .Net support with Excel, which sets up the Interop libraries for .Net use, this is included in default Office 2007 installation.

I was trying a bunch of things and I'm not sure what worked, but now I see the proper reference and I got it all to work. Sorry I had to bother everyone with my incompetence

Back