Question database choice

dxtr

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey everyone :)
im working on a project using vb.net 2010 , i receive lot of data and i have to stock it in a table with 4 columns , in 3 days i receive 300.000 rows of data
wich database should i use (access , sql server .....) ??

:)

Will this be a single user app or will multiple users be running it, whether on the one machine or multiple? If it will multiple users, do you want them all to use the same database or each have one of their own? What sorts of things do you want to do with the data?

I would then suggest SQL Server Express or SQL Server CE. Both are free from Microsoft and both integrate well into VS and VB Express. You can actually add a data file directly to your project (MDF for SQL Server Express or SDF for SQL Server CE). SQL Server Express provides more functionality and can take databases up to 10GB, but it does require a server to be installed. That server can be installed automatically with your app though, if you're using ClickOnce or a Setup project. SQL Server CE can be installed or not. If you choose not then you can deploy the database engine simply as a DLL with your EXE.

Back