Windows application: Send information to WS with only wsdl and xsd as start point

vagueante

Programming Experience
10+
In a windows application I'm trying to connect to a webservice, and all i have is a wsdl file (i used service reference, and after import the namespace i can instantiate it),
a XML file ( i suposed is in soap format, the first line starts with <soapenv:Envelope ), and an xsd file that validates the xml file

I can instantiate the webservice (Dim objWebservice As New ServiceReference1.CWSDraftClaimDataEntryPortTypeClient), but the method it has (DraftClaimDataEntry), wants as parameter an object of the same type, that i don't know how to create

The files are attached

So the object that i have to send, has to include information that the xml file has

I'm totally lost.

Attachments

• wsdl_File.txt
    2 KB · Views: 25
  • XML_File.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 22
The posted wsdl has an include directive defining the service types, this is missing here.

When you interact with the service through the proxy classes the soap messages are generated and sent behind the scenes, no need to get to the complexity of composing soap messages when doing .Net web service clients.

The posted wsdl has an include directive defining the service types, this is missing here.

When you interact with the service through the proxy classes the soap messages are generated and sent behind the scenes, no need to get to the complexity of composing soap messages when doing .Net web service clients.

Hi,

Thanks fou your reply

I needed two xsd files, when puting them in the same directory as the wsdl, the reference.vb was complete with all the classes and functions.
Now i can create the object i wanted.

My problem now is the soap header, as you can see im my other post.

Back