visual studio web page implementation

maks4life

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi im new to this and wondering if ay1 can help me.
i have created a web page in visual studio 2008. The website is based on databases e.g entity relationship . it shows booking of a hotel with customer id etc.
i manage to get a add, delete and edit button to work on my website fo them databases but cant seem to understand this one:
producing a weekly booking list to be used by the hotel to show which guests are due to arrive within a seven day period to be input by the user. The list should show details of each room along with its occupants

maks4life

Programming Experience
Beginner
web

ive tried buildin a query bt cnt seem to be gettin anywhere. most of it alll complete e.g the databases in my website bt the last thing is confusing me as to how can i show my booking on the weekly function

jmcilhinney

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Basically, you just need to write a query that gets all the records where some date column falls between a start date and an end date. You then execute that and pass today as the start date and 7 days from now as the end date.

maks4life

Programming Experience
Beginner
query

Basically, you just need to write a query that gets all the records where some date column falls between a start date and an end date. You then execute that and pass today as the start date and 7 days from now as the end date.

thats what i cant seem to understand. Keep getting stuck on the query and it wont execute it. is there any chance you cn give me the query

kulrom

Programming Experience
10+
You use stored procedures very easily. Just assign the name of the SP to the command's CommandText
As you know the command text can be literal SQL or a stored procedure name. In your case we simply say:
VB.NET:
        Dim connection As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString)
        Try
            connection.Open()
            Dim command As SqlCommand = connection.CreateCommand
            command.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
            command.CommandText = "storedprocedureName"
            Dim table As New DataTable
            table.Load(command.ExecuteReader)
            command.Dispose()
            ' do something with the datatable :)
        Catch ex As Exception
            Response.Write(ex.Message)
        Finally
            connection.Close()
        End Try

Now you have the retrieved data into DataTable so you can use it as datasource for your control(s)

Top Bottom