VB .net Terminal Application

Hawk2811

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm looking for a way to create an app that simulates the linux terminal or that opens a command prompt inside a form but I didn't find anything and I also tried several things that didn't work

I'm making an operating system simulator for learning and I wanted to make a terminal app to communicate with the system's command line apps

You can call Process.Start to start a new command prompt without showing a window, then redirect the input and output streams so that input and output comes from and goes to your app. Here is an example from Stack Overflow that should get you going. Post back if you have any issues.

It's not an article. It's a Q&A that provides a code example that does exactly what you want. It's exactly what you asked for and you say you understand nothing, so where do we go from here? What do you expect us to do now, if you understand nothing about the very thing you asked for?

Maybe you could try a little bit harder on your own behalf. For a start, I said that you should use the Process.Start method. Have you bothered to do any research on that? Have you read the documentation fort that method? I'm guessing not. Maybe that's something you could do. Maybe you could do the same for other types and members used in the code example I directed you to.

If you really do understand nothing of that code then I would suggest that what you have asked for is well beyond your capabilities and you should be starting with simpler things until you can understand. If you actually can understand some of it, perhaps with a bit more effort to do so, then maybe you could be a bit more specific about exactly where you're having issues. It's not really for us to explain everything from first principles so you need to be specific about where we need to spend the limited time we have. If we see you making no effort, it's not likely to inspire us to do more. I would like to help but "help" implies you doing your share to, not me just doing it for you.

Back