VB.Net 2003 Versus VB.Net 2005

arsanka

Programming Experience
Beginner
Dear Expert..

I'm always not comfortable with changes. Since I have just started programming with VB .Net 2003 and now come VB .Net 2005, what is the difference and what should I do..?

Cheers
Arsanka

vs2005 has tons of major improvements that vs2003 needs

i'm going with vs2005 when the final release is released

I've been using VB.NET 2005 Express Beta 2 and I definitely intend to start using VS 2005 when the final release becomes available. Unless you are developing for a corporate environment that has standardised on the .NET Framework 1.1 or find the upgrade too expensive, I would definitely recommend doing the same. I think VS 2005 provides a better developer experience and the improvements in the .NET Framework 2.0 provide a better user experience.

Thank you, another question :--:

Thanks friends for all your comment.. I really appreciate it..,, At least I stay focus on 2003 at the moment..

From your experience, is there any migration progress that we have to from 2003 to 2005, or is this the same syntax and procedures just a new 2005 platform?

Cheers
Arsanka

arsanka said:
Thanks friends for all your comment.. I really appreciate it..,, At least I stay focus on 2003 at the moment..

From your experience, is there any migration progress that we have to from 2003 to 2005, or is this the same syntax and procedures just a new 2005 platform?

Cheers
Arsanka
Mostly everything is the same, but with some new classes and some new members for existing classes. When you open an old project in 2005 it will convert it for you, so there is no big issue. I would imagine that in most cases there won't even be code changes. 2005 can be a liittle confusing because there are more files, but I like the fact that the designer code is in a separate file so all you see is the code you've written. The first point of interest I noticed was the new MenuStrip and ToolStrip, but the old MainMenu and ToolBar are still there. I think it will be the same in most cases, where the old objects will co-exist with the new until some later version where they will be removed altogether.

Back