SQL Server not running.

furjaw

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have been debugging my application for 6 months. Now, when I try to run it I am getting "under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections." My computer is not on a network.

I recently went from Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition to the Professional edition. I was still able to test my app after installing the Professional edition. One possibility is that SQL Service Pack 1 was installed today. My app worked before that, now it doesn't.

The problem is that the SQL Server is not started. I ran sseutil -L to start SQL, but, it could not start it. Look at attached screen capture of the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 30
hi,

i think what you need to do is go into sql server manager (or its equivalent) and right click on the server node. go to properties, Connections, and check the "allow remote connections" checkbox.

hope that helps mate

regards
adam

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 31
MSSQLSERVER is the default install name of MSDE or SQLS2000 i think.. old versions of sql server, msde being the free one. SSX supplanted MSDE but has a slightly different goal. Remove all non SSX flavours of sql server from the machine, then attempt to start the SSX instance again - it may have beena port binding issue last time. for a less destructive method, simply stop MSSQLSERVER then start SSX

Back