SIM information

Carty

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey alll,

Is there any information like id,# or so, unique for every SIM card?
If so, how can it be read with VB .net??

Waitin for reply.... Tanx in advance...

John always helps me, coool!

Yr link i saw it, il try using it today evening and if worked fine to get the number, its great!
The ting is im developing a program which should
-Run after every boot
-Check if the SIM info matching wit the specified
-if not, the "Fone is stolen" so it sends a message from the new SIM to a specified number and the red hand caught!

How does that sound..?

John, this could be done in a simple way..
but to be more secure, i need to get these done
-The software shouldn be shown up in remove programs list.. is it possible..?
-the software should be installed from somwer even after hard reset-but how can that happen..? Maybe by placing the cab file in the stortage space and Making any autorun file..?

I found out to make an app run at reboot..
The device checks the folder /2577 for autorun.exe
so if u want the program to run after hard reset, put the file renamed to autorun.exe into 2577 and place it in yr storage..
jus a reset, start ment/startup is enough..
but putting the same into storage card will also work if soft reset has been done or wen the memory card is been inserted...!!

John the second link gave me an example but the sim number is not made to display on a messagebox or so.. i added msgbox(sim.getsimnumber()) and it says it cant be set to string... im not getting the number... can u pls help me...

That wasn't sim.getsimnumber, was it? it was sim.getphonenumber() ?

I don't think I can help out more than the links provided, not being/becoming a cf dude until I get rich and loaded with pocketpcs and stuff to try it on, I recommend starting new threads with your other cf questions.

By the way, this SMS coding API is very difficult even for advanced programmers with C language knowledge, you are very brave digging into it :)

Back