Reporting (CR or other?)

runswithsizzors

Programming Experience
5-10
Reporting (CR or other?) - Sub report suppressing

I have a quick question. I have been using crystal reports in the past and am not sure if it will work for this situation or not. I have a database with multiple tables. Before I made a seperate report for each table. Is there any way to print off the reports one right after another with out a page break between the reports?

Basically when the information is done with one db table I want the next table to start printing on the same page until all the tables are complete.

Any information would be awesome thanks!

Last edited:
Moved to Reporting forum and added hint to title what question is about.

This might clear things up on what I am looking for.

Basically multiple tables needing to print right after each other.

Example:

Page Start:

Table1 Name

Column header Column header Column Header
data from database data from database data from database

Table2 Name

Column header Column header Column Header

End Page ...

Basically when one table ends start the other database table until it is finished and so forth and so on.

Can Crystal Reports do this, or should I be looking in another direction?

I hope that clears some things up.

Thanks!

Ok looks like sub reports inside of crystal reports is the way I want to go. Is there any way to suppress certain sub reports in code?

Lets say I have 3 sub reports on one report and I just want to print sub 1 and sub 3 but not sub 2.

I can go into more detail if needed. Thanks!

I couldn't get report.subreport.suppress = true to work, I can't even fine suppress in the object browser of the crystal report objects so I don't think that exists, but if any one knows how to do this that would be awesome.

I haven't got CR myself, so I can't tell, just found that other message, of course it could be a false positive, but you noticed the point about "'subReport' needs to be the name you gave the subreport" ? I have tried to find some kind of object reference to CR at web, but this is also very difficult with CR.

I think I am going to try to use parameters and in code pass the parameters to the reports. Then use formulas inside the reports to become visible and not visible depending on the param sent to it. I will see if that works.

Back