no forms in creating new project in visual basic 2010

saissylois

Programming Experience
1-3
no forms can be seen when creating a new project.. i am going to choose a window form but there are no forms to choose.. what will i do? am i missing some libraries? or i made a mistake in installation? or any idea?

You're going to have to provide a clearer explanation of the problem because what you have posted could be interpreted in various ways. What EXACTLY are you using, what EXACTLY are you doing and what EXACTLY is happening?

I am trying to make a simple vb.net program.. so i started to open my vb.net 2010 and clicked the file -> new project. but there are no forms to choose from it says "NO items found" thats it.. :D

Perhaps you should provide a screen shot of the New Project dialogue. Please just attach it to your post, so that we can see it without having to download or navigate.

That said, if there really are no project templates available (not forms) then it sounds like VB didn't install properly, so you should reinstall or repair.

i have already reinstalled in about 3 times, my OS is windows 7 Okay here is my screen shot noitems.jpg

I think you could try answering the questions I asked in post #2 first. You say VB.NET 2010 but that looks like Visual Studio rather than VB Express. I can also see that you already have a project open, so how did that happen? When I said EXACTLY, EXACTLY, EXACTLY that is exactly what I meant. We can only guess from what you've told us. We need more information and more accurate information.

my wrong:D sorry What EXACTLY are you using,- I am using Visual studio 2010.what EXACTLY are you doing - I am trying to create new project .. what EXACTLY is happening - on the screenshot i showed is what exactly happened actually i have used it before with no problem. i have already created simple programs, but this past few days as i have tried to make a new project this is what happens.. (on the screenshot) I have already tried to reinstall the Visual studio 2010 but still when I am trying to create a new project No items found

Yes, as explained you must perform this action as administrator.

hi johnH

I tried running

devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates as an administrator and I got an error from visual studio saying "the application cannot start"

Back