MSI - Setting "EveryOne" as default?

vs_shiva

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi All
Here is the problem
I have created a setup package for VB.NET windows application and when i run manually on each and every system i would have a option of installing "Everyone" or "Just Me" which is not an issue.
But my admistration is doing remotely, so in that case the default option "Just me" has taken by the MIS installer and others who login to the machine couldn't see any short cuts or any thing on program files/add-remove programms, they have to goto the folder location where the package installed.
So Is there any way where we could set the default option as "Everyone" instead of "Just Me"???
Thanks for your valuble suggestions
Shiva

Wrong forum. You posted this in the forum for questions relating to installing VS. It has been moved to the Deployment forum, which is for questions relating to deploying your own applications.

There is no way to do what you want in a standard VS Setup project via the IDE. You might be able to achieve it by manipulating commandline parameters but I don't know. Something like InstallShield or the free Inno may allow you to set that but VS does not.

I take that back. I guess I just didn't see it before myself. Select your Setup project in the Solution Explorer and open the Properties window. Set the InstallAllUsers property to True. Can't believe I missed it before.

I could not see any property called "InstallAllUsers" from properties window. I m using VS.NET 2003 version. Does this feature available in VS.NET 2005?

Please see the attached image for my properties window?

Properties window

Please see the attached Properties window

thanks
Shiva

Attachments

• PropertiesWindow.JPG
    PropertiesWindow.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 25
Your profile says that you're using .NET 2.0. If you're not then change it.

That property is evidently new in .NET 2.0 then, which explains why I hadn't noticed it before. Not as mongy as I thought.

Thanks jmcilhinney.

Yes either we have to have .NET 2.0 or we can use ORCA msi editor to change the property ALLUSERS to 2.

Thanks
Shiva

Please change your profile to reflect the fact that you're using VS.NET 2003. Otherwise you'll get people giving you inappropriate advice and wasting their time in the process.

Back