Microsoft.mshtml

foster

Programming Experience
1-3
I just recently switched from using .NET 1.1 to 2.0 for developing my ASP .NET applications, and I've come across a problem that has me completely stumped, and I can't seem to find anything on the Internet to help me out.

When I use Visual Studio 2005 and create a new ASP .NET empty web application and add a new page to it, it'll compile fine (after I add a reference to System.EnterpriseServices), but when I try to open it in my web browser, I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

It's probably important to note that the web server is not my development machine; it's a private hosting service.

I've been able to get around this error by manually uploading the assembly to the Bin folder; however, since I have a lot of projects, this 8MB assembly is starting to eat up my disk space, and Visual Studio insists on downloading it whenever I open the project.

I'd prefer to figure out what is referencing this assembly and change that to use something else, and get rid of this assembly altogether.

Alternately, I'd like to be able to upload one copy of the assembly to the web server (perhaps in the root application) and configure all the other projects to load it from there.

However, I haven't been able to find *anything* on achieving either of those. The only thing I've seen on this assembly is using it in a Windows Forms application for parsing HTML.

Any suggestions?

Have you viewed the list of references in the app, is mshtml one of them.

If not list your references here and someone may know what is referencing mshtml.

I have the following references:

App_Licenses
C1.Web.Command.2
Microsoft.VisualC
System.Design
System.DirectoryServices
System.EnterpriseServices
System.Runtime.Remoting
System.Transactions
System.Windows.Forms

Back