Resolved Two VSSpellChecker questions

aaaron

Programming Experience
10+
I'm trying to clean up my VB code using VSSpellChecker but have a few problems.

I found the IgnoredWords.dic file but it does not contain words I know I marked with ignore all (and are being ignored).

I also found VSSpellChecker.editorconfig which I opened with notepad and also with its VS2022 editor.

1) I'd like to check and maybe edit the list of words I've previously marked with ignore all but can't find out how to do that.

2) I'd like to check my entire solution but skip over any *.html and *.htm files. I've checked VSSpellChecker.editorconfig and that seems the way to go but I can't figure out how.

I'm trying to clean up my VB code using VSSpellChecker but have a few problems.

I found the IgnoredWords.dic file but it does not contain words I know I marked with ignore all (and are being ignored).

I also found VSSpellChecker.editorconfig which I opened with notepad and also with its VS2022 editor.

1) I'd like to check and maybe edit the list of words I've previously marked with ignore all but can't find out how to do that.

2) I'd like to check my entire solution but skip over any *.html and *.htm files. I've checked VSSpellChecker.editorconfig and that seems the way to go but I can't figure out how.

I'd suggest posting your question to the GitHub for this add-in Issues · EWSoftware/VSSpellChecker. Additionally, you could clone the repository or download the project as a zip, open it in VS and look at how the ignore list feature works.

Solution
JohnH,

Such terrific documentation and terrific extensions are all free. I can't understand how that happens.

I did have the correct file, but...
It turns out that I assumed "Ignore All" would be permanent. It's is not, which is why the file I looked at did not contain words I had (Ignore all)'ed.

I need to select the "Add Ignore". So simple now that I see it.

Thanks again!

Back