Question Integrate R libraries

zhouy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Dear All,

I want to integrate some R functions for matrix into VB.Net application.

This is my matrix – to solve C,D,E
matrix.jpg
These are R codes (working properly)

> e<- matrix(nrow=3, ncol=3, data=c(5,0,10,0,10,10,10,0,34))
> f<- c(1,0,0)
> solve(e,f)
[1] 0.4857143 0.0000000 -0.1428571
>

So I want to solve this in VB.NET application using integrated R codes via R(D)COM server. I have downloaded and installed “Visual Studio 2010”, “R 2.7.1 win32” and “R_Scilab_DCOM3.0-1B5”. But I don’t know how to start this.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks!

jmcilhinney

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
When you say:
using integrated R codes
what exactly do you mean? Does that mean writing R code in your VB source or entering R code into a control at run time or something else?

From the name, I'm assuming that you have a COM DLL. If so then you can reference it in your project just like a .NET assembly. You can then use the types and members in that library in pretty much the same way as you would use .NET types and members.

zhouy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Thanks jmcilhinney,

Actually I want to solve the matrix and get C, D and E (C=0.4857143, D=0.0000000 and E=-0.1428571). If it is possible in VB.NET programing, no need to call R functions. But my knowledge is poor to solve this in VB.NET. But in R its very easy. Anyone can show me how to write this in VB.NET itself or how to call R functions in VB.NET to solve this? I mean can anyone give me sample codes for this?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom