Question How to access my database even if im in another location

evolet10000

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi, im currently developing a win. form apps. system using vb.net and SQL server 2005 as back end database,
in our workplace, we have a computer domain(server) with group policy applied(all computers are joined to this domain including mine)., and were SQL server software is installed(ofcourse),,

ok now, i just want to inform whoever you are, + karma for you that i doesntt have any problems or difficulties on accessing my database nor connection strings, it all works nice and smooth,

what i want to ask is? how can i access my connectionstring(my database) even if im in a different location(for example: at home) and connected to different access point(different internet connection such as wifi,) .,

i tried to access my database at home(with internet connection) but is says network error.,my laptop is also joined in our domain.,

thats it., sorry if its confusing, i just want to continue my work at home., i know that it is possible cause ive seen it working with my 2 eyes, i ask the person incharged on how to do it, but ofcourse he wont teach me.,all he say is WIDE AREA Network

thanks in advance for those genius who's going to assist me., :D :D :D :D

Making a VPN connection has nothing to do with VB.NET, development, SQL Server or databases. It's well beyond the scope of this forum. I'm quite sure that you will be able to find information on line if you take the time to try.

Back