Question Help with Richtextbox and Link Label Properties!

arijit08.b

Programming Experience
1-3
I need help help with richtextbox and linklabel properties, please answer my question (following, in points) with a lot of detail because i'm really new to VB.NET...

• LINKLABEL, WHICH IS THE DEFAULT PROPERTY TO HOLD A LINK IN VB? I MEAN AS "TEXT" IS THE PROPERTY TO HOLD THE DISPLAY TEXT, WHAT IS THE PROPERTY OF LINKLABEL IN WHICH I CAN STORE A LINK AND IT RECOGNIZES THE VALUE AS A LINK? IF LINKDATA, PLEASE GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE HOW TO ADD A LINK TO IT AND ALSO, CAN THIS LINK VALUE BE GOTTEN LATER THROUGH THE E.LINK? BECAUSE IT'S A LINK WHICH I ADD AT RUNTIME(to a richtextbox!) AND CANNOT JUST GET THE LINK THROUGH THE LINKLABEL'S NAME, I NEED TO USE e.LINK FOR IT TO RECOGNIZE THE LABEL CLICKED AND I KNOW THAT SOME PROPERTIES OF THE LINKLABEL ARE LOST IN e SO I WANT ONE WHICH IS IN ALL THE PLACES... HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND, I'M TRYING TO MAKE A HYPERLINK FUNCTION FOR MY ADVANCED TEXT EDITOR...
  • IN A FORM, THERE ARE TWO OBJECTS, A TRACKBAR DOCKED AT THE TOP AND A RICHTEXTBOX WITH DOCK.FULL... I WANT TO ADD "TAB SETTINGS" LIKE IN msWORD, YOU CLICK ON THE RULER AT THE TOP AND A KIND OF BOOKMARK "L" APPEARS ON IT WHEREVER YOU CLICKED AND WHEN YOU PRESS TAB KEY, YOU ARE TAKEN TO THE PLACE ON THE DOCUMENT IN THE LINE OF THE BOOKMARK IN THE RULER. CAN YOU DO THAT? DON'T WORRY ABOUT HOW I SAVE THE VALUES...

I'd be so damn grateful to everyone, please help me!! :)

Just in case you aren't aware, it's a scientifically proven fact that it's harder for a human being to read text that is written all in upper case than it is to read all lower case. All upper case can be effective if used sparingly for emphasis but if used extensively it just makes text hard to read.

In short, looking at your post hurts my eyes and will do the same to others. I suggest that you edit your post and use normal casing if you want people to read it.

Just in case you aren't aware, it's a scientifically proven fact that it's harder for a human being to read text that is written all in upper case than it is to read all lower case. All upper case can be effective if used sparingly for emphasis but if used extensively it just makes text hard to read.

In short, looking at your post hurts my eyes and will do the same to others. I suggest that you edit your post and use normal casing if you want people to read it.

thanks for your reply, this wasnt what i was expecting though, instead of an answer. i'm sorry it spoils your eyes, am not aware of the news, but in any case, i haven't uppercased it to spoil your eyes, to lay an emphasis, i have done it. if anybody has an answer to my no longer urgent question, please answer me, of course, due to the fact that reading it once will hurt your eyes, you might have ignored it...

Here's the READABLE version of the questions:
arijit08.b said:
  • linklabel, which is the default property to hold a link in vb? i mean as "text" is the property to hold the display text, what is the property of linklabel in which i can store a link and it recognizes the value as a link? if linkdata, please give me an example how to add a link to it and also, can this link value be gotten later through the e.link? because it's a link which i add at runtime(to a richtextbox!) and cannot just get the link through the linklabel's name, i need to use e.link for it to recognize the label clicked and i know that some properties of the linklabel are lost in e so i want one which is in all the places... hope you understand, i'm trying to make a hyperlink function for my advanced text editor...
  • in a form, there are two objects, a trackbar docked at the top and a richtextbox with dock.full... i want to add "tab settings" like in msword, you click on the ruler at the top and a kind of bookmark "l" appears on it wherever you clicked and when you press tab key, you are taken to the place on the document in the line of the bookmark in the ruler. can you do that? don't worry about how i save the values...
Yes, I do have a string.ToLower tool in my tools suite for uses like this ;)

Back