Question Forms with Crystal Reports reporting ... faesable?

ChrissieB

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,

My first post!

Quick overview of me - I have mainly coded in VBA for the past 3 years, now moving onto VB to create reports in Visual Studio.

I have been told that Crystal Reports is a very simple way of adding reports into Visual Studio 2010. I just a had a quick faesability question I hope someone could give me guidance on?

My current project is to create a reporting tool for a University. They want to have various reports and break it down into departments, courses, modules etc.

I could do this in VBA and Excel, but want to move into creating VB applications.

Is it possible to create a form with the main control being a Tree Control (to filter down to course, module level etc.) and then link this into a Crystal Reports form? (in visual studio mind you, not the actual Crystal Reports standalone application)

So in essence, you would have a tree control, select the module, say ... 'ICT 3Yrd year', then go onto another form showing a selection of reports (using Crystal Reports forms) and then drill downs etc. ?

Any ideas? Or alternatives perhaps?

Thanks all,
Chris.

Back