Easier Project Deployment

mpdillon

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am trying to deploy my first VB.Net App. It consists of one small .exe and one dll(Intelicombo.dll). I need to place these files on the server and have each workstation access them. All workstations are on the latest version of .NetFramework 1.1.

Is there a way to use the exe on the sever from a workstation without doing a full “setup.exe” install on the workstation.

I have tried creating a mapped drive, placing the mapped drive in the path and then creating a short cut. But this does not work.

When I place both the .exe and the .dll on the workstation the program works fine.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,

pat

Recently we have had a similar actually pretty same question and my answer was NO. Maybe, someone will demand me but i'm still staying to claim that you can't run .NET app from client PS while app's exe is stored on server machine. Actually it much depends on its architecture ... who knows maybe i'm wrong?!

Cheers ;)

It's true... you can't do that any more with .NET.... it will throw a System SEcurity Application error if you try to. You'll need to run the install on each machine that needs it.

Tg

Back