Connecting to on-line MySQL database via Wordpress

J Trahair

Programming Experience
10+
Hi. I have a MySQL database on-line hosted by godaddy. I have a VB.net application which connects to it fine - but directly to the MySQL database which means only certain IP addresses can connect to it. I have a travel agent customer who wants to connect to it from various computers in Europe, but I won't be able to keep the MySql installation current with all their local computers IP addresses.
I've been told to place a Wordpress installation between the local computers and the MySQL database. I have installed Wordpress on-line on its own domain name.

How do I send sql queries and commands from the computer to Wordpress and then to MySQL and receive back the data? I've looked at a few Wordpress plug-ins but none seem to be what I am looking for.

Thank you.

I've never used or seen WordPress in any way, shape, or form; but upon first google search I found this article specifically talking about using the WordPress API. The coding examples looks to be C# (which is .Net) which wouldn't be difficult to translate into vb.net
Using APIs to Integrate with WordPress - WebDevStudios.com

Back