Question Connecting individual programs to MySQL

jmctechnologies

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello all!

To give a bit of background, I'm working on a program that allows customers (each with their own client) to scan a barcode and it uploads to a MySQL database. Now, my questions: What is the process for either making each client program that I install on their computer to be ID'd as their company or having some kind of individual client identifier?

Example: Client 1 scans barcode, the barcode gets uploaded to MySQL. Client 2 also scans a barcode and uploads it to MySQL. How do I code that each program that I install on different computers shows ID's seperately in MySQL.

e.g.
Client Barcode
Client1 123456
Client2 654321

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:
The client ID value would get saved to the database like any other data and, like any other data, it's completely up to you where it comes from. It could be something that you generate when the user registers the application or it might be their IP address or it could be a random number generated and saved on the first run. You might also have user accounts in your database and a user has to log in in order to use the app so each record can be recorded against that user account. There's no one correct answer.

Back