configuring dev environment to run 2 pda's

Gambit_NI

Programming Experience
3-5
i've asked this on the MSDN Forums but nobody seems to know the answer!! so ill give it a try here

Intially i had my development environment all setup and working fine for a single device.

i am using vs2003, v1.1 compact framework and a Dell Axim X50 (windows mobile 2003 v4.21.1008) which is linked to my pc using an ActivSync std partnership.

this morning, i was handed a new device which i also need to develop against. its an HP iPAQ hx2400 (windows mobile v5 v5.1.1702)
i also upgraded to ActivSync V4.

both pda's run off the same USB slot. i just swap this over to which ever PDA i wish to use.

on plugging in the new PDA and running/debugging an existing VB WinForms app. all runs fine but when swap devices & try to run/debug an app on the Dell device it will always come back with deployment errors even though there is none. even when you restart the machine.

i assume there must be a configuration issue/setting within visual studio 2003 but im unsure how to deal with this.

i was thinking that its maybe something to do IP addresses with the transport configuration within the device manager (Tools/options)

both PDA's successfully sync outside of visual studio when i plug in their USB cable.

any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig

Last edited:
Back