Check out my website, let me know what you think

Biohazard

Programming Experience
5-10
So I opened up a new website for team TAL-SOFT,
let me know what you think of it. I keeped it simple in HTML not only because that's all I know but because I want to keep it professional.

I know it's not related to VB.NET forums but all my programs listed on it are VB.NET.

Whoa, um, frames? who uses frames these days?

You can do a whole lot better if you did this is asp.net, use a master page and have those content pages inherit it. That'd be a huge step in the right direction.

Yea I know it's 1990's style, but I was aiming towards Simplistic.
Plus i've never attempted to use ASP.NET

I was thinking of updating it to a flash based interface, but is ASP worth all the hype?? Should I learn the basics just to make this one website??

Yikes! I didn't realize that frames were that badly frowned upon :)

Yea I know it's 1990's style, but I was aiming towards Simplistic.
Plus i've never attempted to use ASP.NET

I was thinking of updating it to a flash based interface, but is ASP worth all the hype?? Should I learn the basics just to make this one website??

Yikes! I didn't realize that frames were that badly frowned upon :)
That depends on if you want to learn asp.net for just one website or not. I did and ended up with this: Welcome to JuggaloBrotha.com but then again at one of my jobs I was hired as a vb.net developer and have only ever been given c# webapps (asp.net) so I was forced into learning asp.net. Since then I've learned that I don't mind it so much, I'm still not a graphic artist, but webapps, I can code for now.

Oh wow, ASP is much much better. I will see if I can learn it quick enough to formulate a website for TAL-SOFT... but yea we will see If I can't flash it is lol

I like frames too, I don't see Masterpages as a frames replacement, but combine with Ajax and UpdatePanel and you're getting somewhere. I think you'll find it useful to learn ASP.Net nevertheless, the direction of development seems to be towards those technologies both for web and windows areas.

on a 1600x1200 screen that background image totally ruins the whole thing. The flash "site" is so small, you should quadruple the screen size of it so it fills my browser window.

JuggaloBrotha, thanks for letting me know, can you post a screenshot for me, my screen resolution does not go that high.

This will help me size it right

Back