Question changes are not saved in database.

claudia.eremia

Programming Experience
Beginner
hy,

can anyone help me please? I have very few knowledge in this field,... and i had to make significant changes for the program that helps me register people with their personal information. I solved all the problems and errors, and completed the code with all that it has to calculate and give back, but when i run it , it seams like it saves the changes, but after i close and reopen, it shows me the same information with no changes. :(
Can somebody help me? What should i show you so you can have a better idea of this problem.

Thank you!
Claudia

I'd be willing to bet that the data is being saved. Follow the first link in my signature to learn how to manage local data files and see if that sorts you out. If not, post back and provide a full and clear description of exactly what you're doing and exactly what happens.

Dum-dum girl here

I'd be willing to bet that the data is being saved. Follow the first link in my signature to learn how to manage local data files and see if that sorts you out. If not, post back and provide a full and clear description of exactly what you're doing and exactly what happens.

I followed the link, and i still don't know what to do. As I had mentioned in the past message, I have very few knowledge in VB. . honestly I took a basic project and worked on it for a few months and reached this point. Would it help if i show you the whole code?

thanks in advance!
Claudia

No that would not help. What would help is if you were to do as I asked:
provide a full and clear description of exactly what you're doing and exactly what happens
If what I suspect is happening is actually happening then the solution is very simple and I don't know how you didn't get it from that link. Did you add the database directly to your project in VS/VB Express? If so, have you changed the Copy To Output Directory property of the database to Copy If Newer? If the answers to those questions are Yes and No then that is your issue and that link explains why.

I came across a similar scenario recently and my fault was I hadn't given the complete correct path to the AttachedDB attribute in the connection string. You might wanna double check that also.

Back