binding a dataset(computer column) to a datagridview

raokikun

Programming Experience
Beginner
before posting i searched in google and youtube.

but still i cant figure it out. maybe someone can simplify it to me..

i watched a video from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6PYx2MgOCQ

b
ut i cant figure out why.. some properties arent showing in my vb just like the one needed in the video..

my computed column is made only by

-project
-add new item
-dataset

then i just changed the expression property

It doesn't really matter what you watched. What matters is what you did. Explain the steps you took, the code you wrote and exactly what happened when you executed it.

the data tab that has

data property name
datasource
valuemember
displaymember

is not there.. i dunno why..

so i cant choose to bind my computed dataset

i added my main database through the add new data sources..

then i made the computer column by

project add new dataset then add column then i set the expression property

Your description is still too vague and all over the place. It's important that you give us clear, accurate information. First up, your profile says .NET 1.0, which can't possibly be true if you're using a DataGridView. Start by editing your profile to accurately reflect the .NET version you're using.

Next, when you say "computer column", do you actually mean "computed column", as in its value is computed from one or more other columns? I assume so if you are setting an Expression property.

So, you should start by running the Data Source wizard, which you can do from the Data Sources window or the Data menu. Select your database and the tables you want and finish the wizard. Next, open your DataSet in the designer, select the table of interest and add a new DataColumn to it, setting its Expression appropriately. Now add a new DataSet and DataGridView to your form from the Toolbox, select the DataSet as the grid's DataSource and then the table of interest as the DataMember.

thank you sir i will try it when i got home. because i dont have internet connection in my house..
so i go out to town just to surf internet to ask for questions. thank you for your reply. i will try..

sorry for the computer * yes its computed..
just have some sticky keys

Back