Background update

Cyaankali

Programming Experience
Beginner
i'm working on some sort of inventory program. It's very simple but i'm having some problems. It actually has 3 parts.

1.service that will be installed on all workstations that is set to run every few hours. This service starts an exe stored on the workstation.
2.This exe checks if there are updates for a third program. If there is an update he should copy the correct version to a location on the workstation and start it.
3.actual program that gathers general information about the workstation and stores it in a DB.
If i run the programs seperately everything works. If I run 2 then he copies the file and starts 3 without problem. But when I try the complete flow it fails. My feeling is that 2 cannot connect to the remote directory because its running in the background.

If I change my service so that he runs 3 instead of 2 then the inventory happens.

I hope this stil makes sense to you. Below you can find the code for step 2. The step that should check for an update and start the inventoryprogram. If someone could set me in the right direction that would be great. Have been googling for hours. The part Open_Remote_Connection is one I found online but it doesn't solve my problem. When i debug it it's states that the directory doesn't exists but it does.

VB.NET:
Imports System.IO

Module Module1

Sub Main()
    'deze applicatie zorgt voor het update van de OBDInventory /hij moet controleren of de versie van het bestand op het netwerk nieuwer is dan degene die in gebruik is
    'indien ja dan moet hij de nieuwste versie kopieren, indien nee dan start ODBInventory/ eerst HELPDESK pingen om te kijken of hij bereikbaar is
    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10000)

Open_Remote_Connection("HEPDESK", "username", "password")

If CheckFile("c:\temp\InventoryTool\ODBInventory.exe") = True Then
        If GetFileVersionInfo("c:\temp\InventoryTool\ODBInventory.exe") < GetFileVersionInfo("\\HELPDESK\C$\temp\InventoryTool\Release\ODBInventory.exe") Then
            NieuweVersieKopieren()
            System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\temp\InventoryTool\ODBInventory.exe")
        Else
        End If
    Else
        NieuweVersieKopieren()
    End If

End Sub

Private Function GetFileVersionInfo(ByVal filename As String) As Version
    Return Version.Parse(FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(filename).FileVersion)
End Function

Private Sub NieuweVersieKopieren()
    Dim sourcepath As String = "\\HELPDESK\C$\temp\InventoryTool\Release"
    Dim DestPath As String = "C:\temp\InventoryTool\"

If Not Directory.Exists(DestPath) Then
        Directory.CreateDirectory(DestPath)
    End If
    Dim file = New FileInfo("\\HELPDESK\C$\temp\InventoryTool\Release\ODBInventory.exe")
    file.CopyTo(Path.Combine(DestPath, file.Name), True)

End Sub

Private Sub Open_Remote_Connection(ByVal strComputer As String, ByVal strUsername As String, ByVal strPassword As String)
    '//====================================================================================
    '//using NET USE to open a connection to the remote computer
    '//with the specified credentials. if we dont do this first, File.Copy will fail
    '//====================================================================================
    Dim ProcessStartInfo As New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo
    ProcessStartInfo.FileName = "net"
    ProcessStartInfo.Arguments = "use \\" & strComputer & "\c$ /USER:" & strUsername & " " & strPassword
    ProcessStartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo)

'//============================================================================
    '//wait 2 seconds to let the above command complete or the copy will still fail
    '//============================================================================
    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000)
End Sub

Public Function CheckFile(ByVal strFileName As String) As Boolean

Dim objFSO As New System.IO.FileInfo(strFileName)

Try
        If objFSO.Exists Then
            CheckFile = True
        Else
            CheckFile = False
        End If
    Catch
        CheckFile = False
    End Try

objFSO = Nothing
    Return CheckFile

End Function