Question Zip up projects

jayware33

Programming Experience
Beginner
in visual studio im trying to zip my projects so i can send them to my tutor to see, the problem is that when i zip them and open them from the zipped folder the project does not open saying "one or more projects in the solution could not be loaded for one of the following reasons: the file or web has been moved, does not exist or has been renamed" ..... but i can open the normal saved file but not when i zip it up ... im clicking on the .SLN file to open the whole project and nothing happens ... says its unavailable in the solution explorer.What really interesting is that within the zipped folder i can still access the module and the classes i have created ... but got to click on them separate ... but the problem comes when i click on the solution file ... the .sln

any ideas??

The solution file stores the location of each of the files added to your project. When you unzip the files you are most likely doing so in a different directory path. Start the project, and then re-add each of the files to the project and save.

File Paths

Your Solution file(.sln) points to your vbproject File(.vbproj) You first need to verify the project file is in the correct path, the vbProject file(.vbproj) contains the path inforamation to all your vb files.

You can open both the solution File(.sln) and the vbproject file(.vbproj) up in notepad to see the paths

Unzip first. You can see each single file because when you 'doubleclick' it only that file is extracted.

Back