Windows 7 , Jet Oledb Run Problem

alim

Programming Experience
3-5
I have nerver used my application in windows vista or windows 7... It turns that WinXp SP 2 supports great but when i run it in windows 7 , it shows error like this .. but I can't install MDAC28 in windows 7 .. Because it is for windows 9x..

So what is the solution for this ..

20i9hrl.png

Isn't vista/7 contain JetOledb components?..

I have some other questions too... in windows vista/7 there are some restriction on folder viewing .. In few of application , I used to save some info in system32 folder .. now those applications are also working.. how can i solve this problem?

How we can save infos in windows 7 at system directory?

I have some other questions too... in windows vista/7 there are some restriction on folder viewing .. In few of application , I used to save some info in system32 folder .. now those applications are also working.. how can i solve this problem?

How we can save infos in windows 7 at system directory?

1. There's nothing wrong with the link I provided.

2. The Office 2007 drivers are not Jet. Did you read the download page?

3. Please don't ask unrelated questions in the same thread. One thread per topic and one topic per thread.

4. Why are you saving files to the system folder anyway? Generally speaking that should be avoided.

5. How exactly are you referring to the system folder? The path will likely be different on Vista and Win7 than on XP.

thanks for helping..

1.For Some reason in winxp sp2 i can't view that page.. But It is avilable in windows 7 , so I am viewing it Now ..
2. I will post a new thread .. for that.. and please help me..
3. I am downloading that access driver file , if anything goes wrong , I will be touch with you..By the way , I am using Access 2003 with Jet OleDB 4 provider for access using VS 2005.

I can view that page in both Firefox and IE on XP SP3. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to.

Note that that download has nothing to do with Jet. It's an alternative to Jet. Make sure you read what it say that you need to do with your connection string to use it. If you do use it then you will want to distribute that package with your app or provide a download link for your users who don't already have it or Office 2007 installed.

yeah , i know that i have to give the link but it still shows that error .. any other solution do i have to change any thing..

ohh. it says i have to convert my contions to 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' bhut what about Jet OleDB 4 .. can't I use it in windows 7?

ohh. it says i have to convert my contions to 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' bhut what about Jet OleDB 4 .. can't I use it in windows 7?
Tada!

There is no download for Jet 4.0 beyond SP8 for Windows XP that I can see. According to what I've read, Vista does include a later version of Jet 4.0 than was included with SP8 but there is no download available that I can see. Maybe Jet 4.0 will be included in the Windows 7 RTM but, if it's not currently part of the OS, you'll have to either do without or try copying and registering the Jet 4.0 library from a Vista system, which may or may not work. It's easier just to use ACE.

As a developer, do you know if there is any way to use ACE instead of JET 4.0 without forcing users to install a separate download? My application works fine on Vista 32 and 64bit versions (as long I compile for x86 only...), but a user recently reported the problem with Windows 7 x64. I'm not sure if it's just 64bit Windows 7 that baulks at Jet.OleDb.4.0, and I'd rather avoid buying both versions (and both Vistas) to find a solution that works everywhere :/

Thanks

I use the Jet 4.0 in Win7 x64 all the time (my apps are compiled for x86 only) and there are no problems whatsoever.

I prefer to use the Jet 4.0 if I can still because that's included in the FW and is one less thing to package in the installer when I deploy it. The other reason is that ACE 12 is x86 only as well so even if I did use it, I still have to have my app's target x86 only anyways.

Back