gzero

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey,
I was wondering if u can put winamp in to a form like media player

Im trying to make a Music Automation Software

Thanks

Last edited:
You don't just put Windows Media Player in a form. Microsoft have created an ActiveX control that exposes the WMP object model. In order to do a similar thing with Winamp you would have to have access to a Winamp ActiveX control. Winamp don't really gain anything by providing this as far as I can tell so I doubt that they do. You could check their Web site though as, if it exists, you will find it there.

This is what i want.

I want to create a app in vb.net 2003. That plays MP3's WMA's all kinds of sound files and to control it all off the form. and to have winamp running as a com component or in the back ground. Any one know wat i mean

As I've already said, the Winamp Web site is the place to be looking. If what you want is possible then it will say so there. On the Winamp Web site there is a link at the very top that says "Development". Go there, click it, read the page. There is a Software Development Kit available. Download it, use it. If what you want is possible that is how you will achieve it.

I suggest using DirectX free from Microsoft.com with SDK. The sound clarity is better and it's really easy to use. I have built an entire media player off of it and it's awesome. Also, in this case it starts really generic with options made specifically for developers only. This allows you to do alot more with it and build much cleaner and stronger code to do more of what you want with it. I have made a rich player with many many options that exceed my realplayer options in a few ways. Of course I am a single developer and only worked on it for 6 weeks so it's a growing process but if you would like an installable version to see what i've accomplished I'll send it.. Also, if you decide to use it and would like some help on any issues, chances are I can help so we'll just keep in touch. I've done alot of research and learning just get the things happening so I have learned alot about it.

Back