Wake up failing

DavyEFC

Programming Experience
5-10
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I wrote an app in Community 2015 .net 4.5, more as a learning curve than anything else. Its an MP3 player that uses WMP to do the work.
All is ok except the following situation:
1. my app is playing music
2. after few mins screen saver comes on as expected
3. after few mins more the screen turns off as expected
At this stage i'd normally just press a key on the keyboard and it comes back to password screen, but not if my app is playing music - its like its not responding to my keypress. I have to hit power to put computer to sleep, wait a mo, then power back on.
As i say its more about learning. What should i be doing to correct this situation?

I think the code has nothing unusual: WMP is passed a URL then left to get on with it, then a timer runs (500ms) that updates some visuals but nothing exhaustive - no loops or anything like that.

How are you handling the KeyPress/Up/Down events in your app? If you move the mouse, does it turn on the monitor and bring you to the login screen? Does your app register any kind of hotkeys through user32.dll? If you can provide some sample code, I will take a look.

-E

Apologies for not coming back sooner - and thanks for your offer of help but it seems that a graphics driver update has resolved this issue. No more to do on this.

Back