Pulling data from Excel and applying new data back.

smO

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello,

I recently started to look into coding with VB.NET. I wanted to write an application that would allow my employer to boost productivity and ease some of my co-workers negativity due to how primitive the process is currently. To make it short and sweet in my line of business you are unable to use a auto dial system to call outbound. My solution was to create an application that would post information from Excel spread sheets and allow changes to be submit to the spread sheet. I've created my form layout and adjusted the settings as needed based on my form. I just have a few questions from here:

1.) Is there an ability to pull data from an Excel spread sheet (such as phone numbers) and post information back to the spread sheet (such as a call disposition)

2.) Can you provide me to reference on where I can find the information to make this a reality.

I have a drive and passion for learning I'm not just looking for an answer, more or less I'd like reference to how I'd go about doing this.

Thanks ahead of time, forgive me for seeming like such a bum. I've spent some time looking online and couldn't find anything that really related to what I was trying to achieve.

EDIT: It may also be worth noting that I'd like the data pulled from Excel to populate to TextBox in my form. Also my apologies for the double post but I couldn't find a way to delete the extra one. That enter key I tell ya'.

:dunce:

Last edited:
Back