Question VB with Lego Mindstorms NXT

njsokalski

Programming Experience
5-10
I am attempting to learn to use Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio and Visual Studio 2010 with VB.NET to develop applications for Lego Mindstorms NXT. I downloaded and installed Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio, and it added the following project template:

Visual C# -> Microsoft Robotics -> DSS Service (4.0)

Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio also has the Visual Programming Language 4 feature, but that still doesn't let me do the VB.NET coding. Even though I have been using Visual Studio and VB.NET for about 10 years, this is my first time using Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio or developing anything for Lego Mindstorms NXT. My first question is is there a project template available for VB.NET for DSS Service (4.0), and if not, what would I need to include in the project? Also, how do I integrate Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio and Visual Studio 2010 with each other, and when creating a new application, what do I do first? Do I start in Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio or with a DSS Service in Visual Studio 2010? I have found multiple things online, but nothing that gives a complete walkthrough of everything to do in both Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio and Visual Studio 2010 for a new application. Thank you to any help that anyone can give.

Using VB.NET and Visual Studio 2010 with Lego Mindstorms NXT

Maybe I'm asking this in the wrong place, but I was wondering if there is a way to use Visual Studio 2010 and VB.NET for Lego Mindstorms NXT. All the articles I have found use C# and usually Visual Studio 2008. I would basically like a step-by-step walkthrough of creating any simple program for NXT using Visual Studio 2010 and VB.NET. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back