VB.NET Web Browser Cache

kAnne

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can clear the cache of my .NET web browser?

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried adding this code (in the article) to my program. it didnt work though!

Have you done this before? Do i need to create a new console application, and somehow reference this in my main windows application at run time?

Other than that, im just confused!
Thanks

Well, I did exactly as told, added their class and module to my application, then I called "Module1.Main()" from a button_click or wherever - Voila! My internet cache was cleared.
I don't understand what there is to be confused about. (console application???)

[Edit: Note that I didn't read any of their code, maybe your tried to and got confused.. ;)
[Edit2: When I read that article again I see that they mention "Console Application", nevermind that, just add a new class and a new module to your application and copy/paste their code.

Hi again,

I did what you said, and it works great!
I was trying to understand the code, maybe thats where i was going wrong!

Thanks so much for your help :)

Kristy

Great!
Btw, the code uses much Win32 API methods and the constants and structures belonging there. Not everything can be done with what's included in .Net Framework, but there is lots of that old stuff available to those who can utilize it.

Back