VB.Net 2003 + SQL Server 2000 Application on Thin Client

Aarvee

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need some help on this.

My Client would like to have a Linux Server with a Terminal Server for working on Windows. He would like to use Thin Clients instead of normal desktops.

My query is :

I have developed an application on VB.Net with SQL Server 2000 which will run on a Windows Server 2000 2003 in the normal course. Will the same application run on the above environment ?

If it has to run which aspects of my application requires to be changed ?

If someone can point me to any technical article or white paper on the same,it would be very useful.

Thanks in advance

Varadarajan R

It will runn on Windows 2000.... so it can run on Terminal Server (we've got a similar situation w/ a client of ours). However.... this "Linux Server with a Terminal Server for working on Windows." doesn't make sense to me.... how can Terminal Server (a MS Windows product) run on Linux?

-tg

Thank you for your reply.

I will revert back on this "Techie" question.

One of the things in deployment of a DotNet application is to have the DotNet Framework on the client. In the case of thin client, how is to be done ? There is no storage device on a thin client.

Alternatively is it possible to run our regular VB.net Application through the browser as the Thin Client ? In such case, where should the DotNet Framework be installed ? I will also go through the concerned section of the forum here on this subject.

Varadarajan R

Varadarajan R

Back