Question Using the MDI?

chrisguk

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have an MDI running as the parent. How can you stop the forms moving to the back when they are open if you click in the any part of the MDI area. Also I notice if I have more than one form open it creates form instances on my windows task bar?

I don't know what you mean by the first question. For the second question, you shouldn't really have had to ask because the very first thing you should have done was look in the Properties window to see if the object, i.e. the form, itself has anything relevant there. In fact it does. You simply set ShowInTaskbar to False and the form won't be shown in the Task Bar.

Hi Ged and thanks for your reply.

I have just been reading a couple of you articles and they are really useful. Im sure I was watching a You tube Video of yours yesterday but I could be mistaken.

I am a complete beginner and I didnt notice the showintaskbar but now I do I wont forget it.

Just to add to my first question I solved the issue by inserting from1.show(vbModeless), I dont know if thats a good method but it seems to work. The other thing I noticed is when I have a form open in the middle of my MDI(Parent) form, I have created some buttons on the MDI to open other forms. But because the form I am using i in focus I have to click the button on the MDI twice. Once to bring the form Im using out of focus and send to open my intended form? Any ideas?

It sounds as you are missing the point of setting MdiParent for child forms. MdiParent Property
Mdi childs are not shown in taskbar, though when maximized their text is included in parent caption.

My question was just worded slightly incorrect. I found the answer and you just uncheck the showintaskbar option in the form properties.

My question was just worded slightly incorrect. I found the answer and you just uncheck the showintaskbar option in the form properties.

You mean that you found the answer that I gave you in post #2 eight days ago?

Back