using databases on vb.net 2003

Bam

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi im using VB.NET 2003 standard edition. I am teaching myself and on now learning about data bases. The paticular book im using talks about using SQL and has a tutorial in which the first process is to go to the server explorer. After that i cannot go any further because when i search for servers nuttin comes up. Is SQL server a Seperate program i need to purchase or download? i presume its not included with VB.NET as standerd.

Thanks
Bam

Ok i got that. Is there anything else i need to do besides the installation process described on the download page? I Thought it would show up in the server explorer. It seems this is not the case. so how do i connect to it?

Msde comes with a help file, all the instructions for installing it are in there, make sure you have started the service. It wont just show up in server explorer, you have to add it. Right click the server explorer and click 'Add....'

Thanks, Sorry its just the book im using assumes im using VB.NET 2003 professional and have sql server 2005 at my disposal. Not really a good way to teach new guys huh!

Give me ur Email i have a Book of Database Programming in VB.Net to u.

Plz give me ur email i will mail you a book of Wrox Database Programming
with VB.Net it could be very helpfull for you in database programming with
vb.net.
C U

Back