toolbox

mikecass

Programming Experience
1-3
When I start a Visual Basic Project in the VB.NET studio with the Windows Forms templated, I do not get a Windows Forms in the toolbox. Am I doing something wrong? How do I add one.

Mike

TPM

Programming Experience
3-5
Forms are added from the solution exploreror project menu (or Ctrl+Shift+A to add new item). When you start a project there should be a blank form already.

TPM

mikecass

Programming Experience
1-3
Sorry I wasn't clearer with my question. I meant the windows forms tab in the toolbox. I can't get it to appear.

Thanks,
Mike

TPM

Programming Experience
3-5
You mean the tab control? If it's not there right click and go to add/remove items.

Paszt

Staff member
Programming Experience
Beginner
Is the Toolbox panel shown?
With the default settings, the 'Windows Forms' Tab is only displayed when designing either a Form or an inherited control that can have components added to it (if you are in a code page, the 'Windows Forms' tab will not be displayed).

To add controls and components to a tab that you add, right click under the tab and select 'Customize Toolbox...'

mikecass

Programming Experience
1-3
Thanks Paszt. Yes, the toolbox pane is showing.

Do you have to add all the components that you want or is there a default list of components that gets added when you start a new project. The reason I ask is because I thought I saw a list of components in the Windows Forms tab and I thought that maybe I erased it by accident.

Thanks,
Mike

Top Bottom