toolbox

mikecass

Programming Experience
1-3
When I start a Visual Basic Project in the VB.NET studio with the Windows Forms templated, I do not get a Windows Forms in the toolbox. Am I doing something wrong? How do I add one.

Mike

Forms are added from the solution exploreror project menu (or Ctrl+Shift+A to add new item). When you start a project there should be a blank form already.

TPM

Sorry I wasn't clearer with my question. I meant the windows forms tab in the toolbox. I can't get it to appear.

Thanks,
Mike

You mean the tab control? If it's not there right click and go to add/remove items.

Is the Toolbox panel shown?
With the default settings, the 'Windows Forms' Tab is only displayed when designing either a Form or an inherited control that can have components added to it (if you are in a code page, the 'Windows Forms' tab will not be displayed).

To add controls and components to a tab that you add, right click under the tab and select 'Customize Toolbox...'

Thanks Paszt. Yes, the toolbox pane is showing.

Do you have to add all the components that you want or is there a default list of components that gets added when you start a new project. The reason I ask is because I thought I saw a list of components in the Windows Forms tab and I thought that maybe I erased it by accident.

Thanks,
Mike

Back