Too many boards perhaps...

if www.vbforums.com is listed, IMHO that site isn't close to as organized as this site is, but i'm a member there too (so is jmcilhinney)

At the end of the day this, like many others, is an open forum. People are free to come and go as they please. It is rare for a question not to get an answer on these forums. I like the way it is organised, specific sections for specific questions. Can you imagine how hard it would be to find out how to spell something in a dictionary if it wasn't in alphabetical order? It is encouraged here for everyone to get involved without fear of reprisal if the answer isn't 100% correct. It's the taking part that counts, hence the title.... 'community'.

:) So far, I like the organization of the forums. However, I have a suggetion. The reporting/printing under components/controls unfortunately mixes crystal reports responses with the new 2005 reportviewer control. Even though I have gone to the reportviewer web page http://www.gotreportviewer.com/, I have a need for replies to things like using mulitiple subreports in a webform that is difficult to find using search technology since many results are for the more widely used crystal products.

Splitting out those posts that apply to Crystal (or for my purposes, splitting out those that are specific to the newer reportviewer control :) ) would be very helpful.

Splitting out those posts that apply to Crystal (or for my purposes, splitting out those that are specific to the newer reportviewer control :) ) would be very helpful.

Thanks for the feedback Bearle. The goal is not to have a forum dedicated to a product such as Crystal, so "reporting/printing" is meant to cover all "output" type options such as the title implies.

While the intent may be to have all types of reporting in this thread, the reality is that over 90% of the posts relate to Crystal, making this particular forum especially difficult for those searching for something other than Crystal responses.

The intent was fine, it just turns out that the interest in Crystal outdoes the rest of the issues, hence the need for separating crystal from the rest. It would make life simpler for both the majority (crystal) and the minority (the rest).

Back