Question Signature capture control

aspfun

Programming Experience
5-10
Where can find out a control for signature capture for .net?
I need to create a windows program to capture user's signature and then save it as jpg or gif in server.

> Where can find out a control for signature capture for .net?
> I need to create a windows program to capture user's signature
> and then save it as jpg or gif in server.

I've got two quick solutions for you

Check out our Web Signature control

BT Web Signature - Electronic Signature capture component for use in Web pages and Windows applications - works on IE Browser in SmartPhones, Pocket PC and Desktop systems

This can be used to create either

a) Windows desktop application
OR

b) Web application ( capturing the signature within a web browser )
( For web support, user must be working on Windows or Windows
Mobile with IE Browser )

Note - it is an ActiveX component but may be used within .NET projects

ALSO - you may look at our MetaDraw .NET Winforms component

MetaDraw - Diagramming / CAD Drawing / HotSpot image component - Features like Visio in a component ActiveX OCX or .NET'
and

MetaDraw - Signature capture example

MetaDraw is a little cheaper - and much much more flexible than the Web Signature component but it is more complex ( due to all the other possible uses and flexibility ) and is limited to desktop, laptop and tablet systems ( won't work on Windows Mobile ). Don't focus too much on the complexity - really it's just a question of ignoring 99% of the posibilities.
Capturing Signatures with MetaDraw is as easy as
a) Initialize canvas size ( setting PicWidth, OrigWidth, PicHeight, OrigHeight and ZoomFactor properties )
b) Set EditMode and EditFlag properties to allow user drawing
c) Save the Picture with SavePicture method.

Many of our customers used MetaDraw for Signature capture before we created the much more directed Web Signature component for that specific purpose

Any questions - just post a note to the support page of our web site
Bennet-Tec Information Systems - Technical Support ( ALLText, TList, MetaDraw, Web Signature, Update Live )

- Jeff

* Please include a copy of this post with any follow up note.

... Or just look up the control's events on MSDN and it'll give you what 'e' is, sender is always object

I found out some samples using compact framework.
Questions:
1) Can I use compact framework in desktop app?
2) How to add signature control from compact framework to toolbox?

Windows form using compact framework

I need to create "Signature Capture" windows program to let user sign name using mouse.
I found out some sample using compact framework.
Can it be converted to .net framework using in windows application?

The compact framework is a stripped down version of the standard desktop framework. I believe it should work, but there is probably a better method using the 'full' framework since a majority of GDI+ isn't included in the compact framework.

You may have noticed that I merged two of your threads together. We don't like seeing the same question being asked in different places :).

Think about what it is you want to create. Essentially it is a drawing program. Search Google for 'vb.net drawing application' or some similar phrase and you'll get many examples (See Here). I'll post one below to get you started:

VB Helper - Make a drawing application in VB .NET

Latest posts

Back