setup.exe of my application ERROR

dianikol

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello my friends. here is my questions

1)
i have made an application with a database.

i have made a win application with a database included. i wite the code using datasets,datatables etc... if i want to see the new datas in a table i have to reload the MyDatabase.mdf file in order to see them if i save datas when i run the application, so if i make a setup.exe for this app when i run it and do some sabes in the database will iu be able to see them in the app??

2)
i created an setup.exe

but when i fire tha icon to run it it says something about the database

"An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\WebSite1\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be Opened, or it is located on UNC share."

any suggestions???

thank you

maybe there are some problem .. with your connection string.. and your point of view is not much clear..

if it is a test app .. can you upload this in
mediafire.com

.. I will try to solve your problem..

And from your post.. as fas as I understand that you were trying to get data from a datatable auto.. I mean , you have opened your same exe file twice and want to view the data , if one app is updated then shows on the second one automatic .. but that will never happen auto .. you have to write some codes to make it work.

thanks..

Last edited:
I've deleted parts of this thread that relates to C# development, this is a VB.Net forum site and all forums are for VB.Net development. Perhaps someone can support your initial question still, which should be language independent, but if you need to supply a sample project to post here work one out in VB.Net.

Back