Setup and Deployment

NickJ

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi people
My Questions is this

I want to be able to ask the user how many projectors the have in there projection box. When the user picks a number between 1 and 31 the software will put that number of tabs with predefined textbox’s and other user tools on the form.
I would like this to be a one off setting when they install the software.

Thanks guys

Nick

I would let the user to install app and than ask him to pick up the number of tabs (i guess you already have the code that creates all these controls you mentioned above). Means when user for the very first time run app you can appear the dialog with certain option, ask him and regard his choice writte the result into database (xml, txt, relational DB no matter). Also you can make a condition for that dialog say ...

if (query from db) = 0 then dialog.Show

Means by default value will be "0" but after first time user get in the app you would change it to any number greater than null.

I'm not sure how much this helped but however you can ask for an additional help if you need

Regards ;)

Hi there,

Why do you want to make it a part of the install? Instead why not do that when the software is run for the first time? Then you can keep the information in an .ini file or the registry.

Doing that in the install is definitely possible, but I think it will be more difficult.

i wasnt ignoring you kulrom i was trying to get my head around what you said!

and i still dont understand what you mean

can you explain to me what you mean please :(

so sorry for not repsonding straight away.

Nick

Back