Seeking Job Opportunity

terryw64

Programming Experience
3-5
I am looking for a full-time position with a company in Arkansas. Although I have been a IT/Network Administrator on Windows 2000 and 2003 networks. I have extensive experience programming with Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic .Net and ASP.Net utilizing Infragistics Netadvantage and ComponentOne controls.

Thus if you are possibly looking for someone that has hardware, network, and programming experience... Then I'm that person. If you would like my resume, you can either email me at terrylw@msn.com or twilliams@mnosborne.com. I will reply with my resume.

Summary of work:

1. VB 6.0 then converted to VB.net. Infragistics Controls, WRQ Reflections, Datadynamics ActiveReports.

Task: We needed to print packing slips with barcodes for the order number and each individual line item. Business application ran on a AIX box, did not have the native capability to print barcodes on packing slips as needed by customer.

Solution: VB application drove WRQ Reflections emulator to poll, screenscape and emulate keyboard input, to have packing slip information written to a flat file, the file was then ftp'ed over to pc, processed and printed out on laser printer.

2. VB 6.0 then converted to VB.net, infragistics controls

Task: Needed application that could poll directories on pc and unix host and transfer files as needed.

Solution: VB application would allow someone to setup up file transfer jobs. Each job could be configured to transfer files that matched specs from pc to unix host, pc to pc, and unix to unix host. The application would poll on filename and time intervals based on the configuration of the job.

3. VB script and IP*Works for pocket pc.

Task: Barcode scanner application on Dolphin hand-held batch scanner

Solution: VB script that ran on Dolphin Hand-held scanner, would allow salespeople to go to customer toolcribs, scan toolcrib location and item barcodes and input current on-hand quanities. The salesperson at the end of the day, would connect the scanner to telephone line, application would dial in to the Business solution on AIX box, downloading information. Application on the Aix box that I wrote would process file, calculate to the correct refill quanitities, convert results to EDI PO format and upload into Business Solution for processing.

4. Application I'm trying to work on, when I can . - Most webstores available will not accomodate a certain market. Writing turnkey application on ASP.NET platform with infragistics controls for this market, backend database will run on MySQL or MS SQL. Interface with external ERP applications through EDI or other interfaces. Will not mention the market, don't want anyone to use take my idea.

Back