Releasing my first app

seano

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi all im just about to release my first application using clickonce and was wondering where to store the updated versions of my app so the client can download updates when needed. the application will be running on a company's server for all employees to use, should i store it be stored on the companys web server? and also how do i setup my application as copyright and is there anything else i need to know when releasing my software for the first time?,

thanks.

If it's a ClickOnce app then it won't be running on a server. The whole point of ClickOnce is that the installer is stored on a server and then the app is downloaded and installed with one click to be run locally. It is possible not to leave behind an installation after the app is closed, which may give the appearance of the application being run on the server, but it is actually installed locally and then uninstalled. You could put the updates on a web server but I would think that you would simply put them in the same location as the original application.

Back