Registering CR in vs.net

minckle

Programming Experience
Beginner
how do i go about registering Crystal reports v10 in VS.Net 2003.
when i create a report using the actual crystal reports software it all works/previews fine, but when i add it into VS i get an error saying it was created in a later version of CR and some functions might not work

how do i get this working ok ??

VS 2005 comes with Crystal 10 components. If you want to use Crystal XI reports with VS 2005 you have to install Release 2 of either the Developer or Server versions of Crystal XI. Release 2 is a free download for registered users of Crystal XI.

If you don't have version 10 installed on your machine then you're definitely out of luck. You're licensed to use the version of the components that ship with VS.NET 2003 but if you want any other components or versions then you have to pay. If you do have version 10 installed then you may have to check whether there is an updated release that will work with VS.NET 2003. If not then you may be able to save the report in Crystal 10 as the version required by VS.NET 2003.

By the way, your profile says that your main platform is VS.NET 2002. If that has changed, which I realise it may not have, please update your profile.

You might be using CR XI to build your reports and that's why you are getting the error.

If you use CR XI in your application with reports developed in earlier version, they will work (most of the time) but not the other way around. Even though Business Objects said that they should be backward compatible, I have found that they don't always work.

Back