Problem installing VS.Net 2003 Enterprise Architect on Windows XP Home Edition SP2

ankush

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey friends,

I recently purchase a Compaq V4000 Laptop.Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack2 was preinstalled on the Laptop.Now I am trying to install VS.Net 2003 Enterprise Architect on the Laptop but every time it is giving me this message.

The message is "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot.You must reboot the Computer before installing the Visual Studio .Net prerequisitest.Once the system reboots,you need to restart the setup.Click Ok to reboot or Click Cancel to exit setup and install later"

Even if I choose the option "Ok" the system restarts and then again it shows the same error after I again click on the setup(after restarting).

I have disabled the firewall and Norton Antivirus but still I am facing the same problem.

I am not able to find out the solution for this problem.

Any pointers or guidance will definitely help .

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover

Hi there, This isn't the first time i have heard this problem and there are a couple of things you can try...
First.....
Click start -> run -> then type 'RegEdit' and click ok
Then locate and click the following registry key..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
In the right window click 'PendingFileRenameOperations' then click delete
However if the 'PendingFileRenameOperations' value doesnt exist you can try the other method.....

Second.....
Insert the pre-requisities cd then
click Start -> Run -> yourCDdriveletter:\setup.exe -> ok
when you recieve this message..
Visual Studio .NET Prerequisites Warning - Setup on CD1 should be used to launch Visual Studio .NET Prerequisites setup so that only the necessary components are installed. Click Yes to exit and change CDs. Click No to install all available components.
click No.
After the pre-requisities has installed insert your 'VisualStudio.Net' CD1
then install visual studio.net

hope this helps

microsoft made an article on resolving this issue with vs2003 (all editions) but basically editing the registry is the true fix for it

Back