PRoblem adding files and folder

Mohan_11

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello All,
I have a serious problem using Visual Studio Installer.I have created a Setup.exe using Visual Studio Installer.The Problem is i hav created a subfolder under File Sysytem->Application Folder called as Input and have put two files Input.xls and Para.ini.
Now the problem is after installation if i try to remove or rename this tow files i.e input.xls or para.ini and click or invoke the Application byu shorcut the Installation starts on its own and create this missing Input.xls or PAra.ini which eevr is missing.

Can somebody tell me how to avoid this strange problem of autoinstallationif the Files in the Input Folde in Application folder is missing.

Thanks
Mohan

Attachments

• VSI.JPG
    VSI.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 48
There are several attributes for these files that may help you out. If they are necessary files you could make them read only so they can't be removed. I must admit, I do not really know what each attribute does, but I would research Exclude, Permanent, ReadOnly, Transitive, and Vital.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Thnks David

I appreciate all u r helpd.Thanks a lot David.The problem with me is those files that i am talking abt which can if removed invokes the set up again need to Read Write as those are the ini files and they need constant change,and if this goes missing or renamed the setup gets invoked again which i want to avoid.I tried with all the other i.e Exclude, Permanent, ReadOnly, Transitive, and Vital.
but did not help.
I wish something works.

Thanks
Mohan

Did you try changing the folder name, Input is a reserved word and could cause some strange things to happen. I'm just guessing. I have added files and never seen the set-up kick off by itsself. Try renaming to Program_Inputs or something and see what that does.

Back