Please Help Me

dr_em

Programming Experience
1-3
Greets All..I'm a newbie from Indonesia (Sorry for my English..), I'm using VB.Net Smart Device project, here's what I wanna do with my project :
1. This project using Timer, but it's used a lot of memory, and loading time is away to long (5-10 sec.), how can I reduce the loading time and memory usage??
2. I'm using CeUserNotificationsEx, so it can be showed as reminder if sum specific times is occur, but the prob is it can't show up when the device is turn off, does anybody can help me to make this project still running in background while the device is off??

All of reply would be appreciate, please help me as good as you can, many thanks from Indonesia.

Thanks,

dr.eM

this might sound a bit harsh, but i'm not meaning to be

if the device is turned off then what's running to have your program run?

that and when the divice is turned off and you're program is still running then what if they pull the battery or something?

Greets..

I want to create timers in my application that countinue working in the background even if the application is closed..
My application should work in a way that is similar to the alarm clock application. The user should set a specific time and the application should perform some tasks when that time comes. So, I need to set timers in the background that will be triggered at the specified time..

Hope U can got it

Thanks.

<DllImport("coredll")> _
Private Shared Function SetSystemPowerState( _
ByVal psState As String, _
ByVal StateFlags As Integer, _
ByVal Options As Integer) As Integer
End Function

Const POWER_STATE_RESET As Integer = &H800000
Const POWER_STATE_ON As Integer = &H10000
Const POWER_STATE_OFF As Integer = &H20000
Const POWER_STATE_SUSPEND As Integer = &H200000

when event is triggered then
SetSystemPowerState(Nothing, POWER_STATE_ON, 0)

Thanks Again Barry..

But my prob has been solved, i'm using CeSetUserNotificationEx for a specific time, and then while the device wakeup timer is still working, but then there's another prob here, can somebody explain to me for using CeClearUserNotification ?? Once Again sorry for my english

Thanks,

dr.eM

Back